rebuilding Midget motor (sigh)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rebuilding Midget motor (sigh)
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 08:58:28 CDT
I got the motor out of the car on Saturday morning, and had it stripped
to the block and 'bagged' by 4pm. The number 2 piston was a SOAB to get out.
After hitting it witha 2*4 and small hammer for 15 minutes I switched to
the weapon-of-choice, a 15ib long handled axe with hammer face. That got
the little booger out, heh heh!

The cyclinder walls are just fine...no pitting or scratches even after the abuse
I gave it with the sledge! The nice original green paint is still on the inside
of the block, and all the bearings were in great shape. I'm taking the block,
crank and cam in to get them checked....maybe I can get away without a bore job!

One thing I need, and didn't see in the usual catologues is the little metal
pipe that goes from the block to the oil pressure line. It has sought of bell
shaped ends so that it fits on the block fitting and in the pipe nice 'n' snug.
I snapped mine (oops) and can't find a replacment.

Marcus