tanks and apologies

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: tanks and apologies
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 17:00:41 -0500 (CDT)
OK, OK muriatic acid is HCl; I should have looked it up. My sincere
apologies for cluttering up the net.
----- maybe if I didn't inhale -----      (just kidding)
        Marcus, if you decide you want to spend the money and have
someone else do your gas tank, I had a good job done at the
Edwardsville, IL franchise of "Gas Tank Renu" (618/656-2605). I took
in a very rusty '53 Studebaker tank and they cleaned it and coated it
with some magic compound which is supposed to resist modern fuel
brews. It looks good but I must confess I haven't tried the car yet.
The owner of the place said he offers discounts for those willing to
do the first 50 seconds of the torch work. Tongue in cheek no doubt.
        They have dealers all over the US and 32 dealers in Canada.
No, I don't have financial interest in the company but may this will
help someone as timid as I am about torches (US term) and gasoline.
Lew Dove