LBC's on "Mystery"

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC's on "Mystery"
From: "beth stearns" <bstearns@meudon.asd.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 10:54:41 -0700
I was watching "Mystery" on PBS the other night--they were replaying the first
mystery aired on the series.  It supposedly took place around 1905, and
involved some intrigues with the residents of a castle in the backwoods of
southern France.  The principals--bad and good--of course are British, and
naturally  drive LBCs.

At one point in the story, the "good" guys decide to follow a certain Rolls
Royce, driven by the principal suspect, in order to find the castle.  They
block the road, forcing the Rolls to stop momentarily.  While the chauffeur is
removing the road block, our hero crawls under the car and loosens some part.
 When the Rolls drives off, he explains to his associates that he has loosened
the oil plug, it is leaking just enough to leave a trail but the Rolls will
still have enough oil to go at least 100 miles, and now they can follow the
trail of oil to the castle.  And the camera focuses on the line of oil in the
road....

Seems like any SOL'er should know that there was no need to loosen that oil
plug.