British Cars Day, MOT, Brookline, Mass

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Cars Day, MOT, Brookline, Mass
From: TJ_Jerome@tallysys.com
Date: 18 Jul 94 13:50
Tin Dziechowski wrote--
>So many cars, so few bays in the garage...

>A good multi marque show, with even distribution and just enough cars
>(191 if memory serves) to see them all enough, in spite of the threatening
>thunderclouds which took mercy and never opened up.

>Saw no other SOLer's (impossible I could have been the only only one there),
>but I got there late...noonish.  I saw more familiar faces the week before
>at Day of Triumph.  Bob Lang...did I miss you?
I was wearing a bright green Lotus cap *and* an SOL logo button, and
you still missed me!  :-(

>A dozen or so each of: AH 3000, TVR, Lotus,
I counted the Lotuses: 1 Seven, 1 Elan, 5 Europas, 2 New Elans, and 7
Esprits. I think there were a few more last year.

> XK1??, MGT?, MGB, XKE.
>A poupon of Bentleys and Rolls.
No kidding. Every single Rolls (about 8) had a jar of Grey Poupon on
the back seat tray. Once was mildly amusing, but ALL of them?

>Dream machines: Aston DB4 coupe,
And a spectacular DB6 in the parking lot!

>A yellow Morgan,
I saw several of them, some in the parking lot.

>AC Bristol (best of show),
This car is absolutly STUNNING! One of the prettiest cars I've ever seen. I
believe it won BOS last year, too, unless the black Jag won.

>A Daimler (how dare British Car poll it Ugliest LBC?).
It *was* pug-ugly.  :-) To each his own.

>A half dozen vintage racers, mostly [...]
Including the blue C-type I photographed last year. Because Lynn and I left my
sister's house in a hurry yesterday morning, not only did we leave Lynn's
wallet, but we left my *camera* behind as well. :-(     :-( It was too far away
to go back before getting to the show. Arrrrgh.

>A really nice father-and-son MGB Rover V8 conversion, with an engine
>compartment I would cheerfully have eaten off of.
Also a similarly-spotless Lotus Europa. ...and most of the Esprits were
extremely clean as well.

Ted
---   TJ (Ted) Jerome   Tally Systems Corp.  603-448-9240 x220   ---
---   Hanover, New Hampshire, USA       TJ_Jerome@TallySys.com   ---
---   '68 Elan S3 SS Coupe  36/7679                              ---