Tires for a MGA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires for a MGA
From: Julie A Hartigan <harti@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 1994 18:12:48 -0400
I am considering buying a '58 MGA that is in dire need of tires.  Any
recommendations?  The car has 600-15 bias ply tires presently.  I would like to
buy a more modern tire.  I have heard that 165/15 needs to be 6-ply in order to
handle the weight of the MGA.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Julie
Julie A. Hartigan                       Laboratory for AI Research
harti@cis.ohio-state.edu                The Ohio State University
CIS100 Course Supervisor                       2036 Neil Ave.
                                        Columbus, OH USA 43210-1277