NET Trip to Ashville, NC

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: NET Trip to Ashville, NC
From: LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 1994 22:17:03 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Over the last few months, I have mentioned that several of the folks
from the New England Triumph group will be heading to Ashville, NC and
the Vintage Triumph Register big event in early August. Several SOL
folks have expressed an interest in details of the journey. So, I am
posting the planned stops here.

Note: members of the tour planned the stops and a travel agency pre-
booked the stops. As such, some of the accomodations will be fully
booked and if you want to try to join us, you made need to find other
accomodations along the way.

There are 12 TRs in this group, all types: TR3, TR4, TR6, Spit and TR7.

Between nightly stops, we intend to hit various tourist type attractions
en route. Ideas for which one to hit are solicited.

If you just want to meet with us at some point, great. If you're
headed to Ashville, let me know. I'd like to meet more folks from
this mail list while I'm there. (I have a funny feeling that some
of our paths have almost crossed over the last year or two, but I
also met a good many SOL folks on various jaunts...)

At any rate, here's the itinerary:

30-Jul  Stroudsmoor Country Inn, Stroudsburg, PA. Exit 50 off I-80.

31-Jul  Wayside Inn and Wilkenson Tavern, 7783 Main St. Middletown, VA

1-Aug   Peak of Otter Lodge, Blue Ridge Pkwy, Milepost 8, Bedford, VA

2-Aug   Meadowbrook, N. Main St., Blowing Rock, NC

3-6-Aug Radisson Hotel, Ashville, NC.

Then we have to get home!

Note again: these accomodations appear to inn-ish kinds of places so
if you are trying to tag along, you may need to seek alternate sources.

Basically, we trying to hit spots along the blue ridge parkway. If you
think you might wish to try to get together along the way, please let
me know. I'll probably be offline form british-cars as of late weds. or
thursday, but give me a holler if you are near the route!

bye,
rml
p.s. Then again, I might try to stay tuned in to British-cars along
the way...join the "mobile computing" crowd. We'll see.