Atlanta GA SOL'ers?

Subject: Atlanta GA SOL'ers?
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 21:59:20 -0400
>From gary Tue Jul 26 22:07:05 EDT 1994 remote from meadows.salem.ge.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 22:07:05 EDT
From: gary@meadows.salem.ge.com (Gary Meadows)
To:   british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Good book, and I named my TR6

Hi SOL'ers,

I just wanted to plug a book I got from Moss (I have NO connection
to them, except my credit card).  At $9.95, the Heritage Motor Centre
Catalog (Moss #213-340) sorta captured me.  I bought my '72 TR6
because I wanted a topless sports car...little did I know that I had
entered a hobby.  Anyway, the book is a softback which chronicles the
British car industry history, along with period photographs of cars
in the museum's collection.  Many of the pictures are in color,
and the book is printed on heavy photographic stock.  You may
scoff at it, but I found it interesting.  :)

On another note, I named my TR6.  Are you sitting down?  Holding your
breath?  I credit the list with my inspiration.  And the winner is...

Crumpet.

OK, get back off the floor.  It just seemed so right.  I asked my wife
if she knew what a Crumpet was, she responded "some sort of English
bread".  Nyuk nyuk nyuk.  Someday, I hope to meet some of you SOL'ers
in person.  It will be your responsibility to subtlely inform the wife
of what a crumpet is in slang.

BTW, am I spelling Crumpet correctly?

Bummer Of The Month:  I saw that a convoy of Triumph's will be going
to North Carolina and staying in at Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge
Parkway on August 1st.  That is very near me, as I am in Roanoke, VA,
and the Peaks of Otter Lodge is the place that my wife and I sneak
away almost every Valentine's Day for time together.  Well, that night,
the Broadway production of "CATS" is in town and I already have a
commitment.  Tickets and a fine dinner override this event.

Sorry I'll miss you all!  I hope you enjoy Virginia!

Gary T. Meadows                   gary@meadows.salem.ge.com
'72 Triumph TR-6   '94 Nissan Altima    '92 Toyota Pickup
                   ^wife drives this