Spak Plugs & DiffRe: Spark Plugs & Diff

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spak Plugs & DiffRe: Spark Plugs & Diff
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 11:57:39 PDT
Rolland

Spicer Diffs are made in England by Salisbury and in the US by Dana

Salisbury-Spicers are uses in Triumphs, Jags and Volvos etc.
Dana-Spicers are uses in big trucks, many muscle cars, jeeps and
Cushman three-wheelers. Although some of the Salibury-Spicers are about
the same size as some of the Dana-Spicers I think not many parts interchange.

These are not easy for the home mechanic to setup right. Although I've
done several in the past I always dreaded it. The guy that I have do them
for me now is:

John Metz at Rearend Specialties in Santa Clara. If you want to look him up
he can answer a lot of questions.

Daren

In NGK plugs larger numbers are colder. I run BP5ES or BP6ES on the street in
my old beaters. I run BP7ES or BP8ES in the race car. I vaguely remember that
Champion may run their numbers the other direction but I'm not sure.

Dick