New MG's, Austin Healey's, not Triumph

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New MG's, Austin Healey's, not Triumph
From: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com (Douglas Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 11:21:20 EDT
Fellow Scions,

For those of you who don't get AutoWeek, I submit the following after
reading Greg Petrolati's article of Friday, August 19.

>From page 3 of August 22, 1994 AutoWeek.

NAME GAME. Rover officials, delighted thus far with the BMW relationship,
have further decided to divide future products into four basic brands.

John Tower, CEO of Rover Group, said that in upcoming years, Land Rover
will represent lifestyle (read sport/ute) vehicles, while cars will fall
under the Rover name. The MG badge will be affixed to inexpensive, fun
sports cars, while Austin Healey will be revived on higher-end, larger
sports cars. Tower said Rover also considered reintroducing the Triumph
name, but "Triumph doesn't have the international recognition like
Austin Healey."

Doug Mitchell - no international recogniton my a**.