Re: More on Seattle NT. (SMTP Id#: 5724

To: kcb4286@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com
Subject: Re: More on Seattle NT. (SMTP Id#: 5724
From: ci.tcpbridge.center2.center1.hen2%smtpgate@ci.berkeley.ca.us (Katie Elder)
Date: Tue Aug 23 10:01:13 1994
As one of the few Californians who made it to Seattle, I had a
great time! (ok, winning might have had something to do with that
....).  It was a great event and I especially liked the idea of
the Police Department Challenge and hope we could put one of
those together.

It seems that two-driver cars had a lot of trouble getting their
numbers fixed with the x and 100+x format and gave the registrar
a bit of trouble.  As Nationals registrar, I can also attest that
so many entrants just don't get it (and way too many do not send
their entries in together so that I know to check and make sure
that their numbers are right ...).  Apparently somebody at
Seattle challenged the registrar to show them in the rule book
where it says they must use the x and 100+x format, and Barb
couldn't find it.  She's asked me to see about trying to get it
into the rulebook.

So ... I know that the x and 100+x thing is defined in the
Nationals Supplemental regulations; is it true that it is not in
the Solo II rulebook?  If so, is there a reason why not, and
could we add it?  Doing so won't necessarily make people read it,
but it sounds like it could be helpful at a National Tour where
maybe somebody forgot to include it in the event supps?????

Katie@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Go-o-o-o BEARS!  Yes, I bought Cal season tickets.   Big Game is
in Berkeley this year, but I think the UW game is in Seattle.