Worst bodge going, heres another one to keep us amused,

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Worst bodge going, heres another one to keep us amused,
From: Duncan Bryan <bryan@Roborough.gpsemi.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 08:16:25 +0100
Hello,

        Glad to see the worst bodge contest going now. I'm
happy to donate a suitably bodgy prize to the winner. It'll
probably be a set of self tapping woodscrews and a hammer to
install them with, but I'll bodge something.

        Now then, heres another amusing contest to keep us happy.
We've all used Haynes manuals and Bodgymatic manuals, how many times
have you been referring to a manual and seen the words
"Now simply withdraw the xxxxxx" or "Replacement is the reverse of removal"
OK in an ideal world the bolts always come out and the ball joints always
separate and the bearings are never gummed in with bits of bearing.  In reality
you just wish that the manuals would tell you how to get that awkward bolt out
without having to teleport your hand into the engine compartment.

        So. How about the least helpful workshop manual entries in the world?
To keep network traffic down I suggest that you only post your worst bodges
and dodgy workshop manual entries if you're posting something else, otherwise
the volume of emails will be too great.  OK I realise that we're not supposed
to reproduce manual entries in any form, so we'd better paraphrase them.

I'm off on holiday for a while, but I'll look at the bodges when I get back.
Happy bodging!
Duncan