MGB Turn Signals, The Sequel

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: MGB Turn Signals, The Sequel
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 1994 06:28:00 -0500 (EST)
          Per my previous posting I stated I solved the problem of non-
          functioning turn signals on my MGB by replacing the corroded
          connections. Well, that was fine for about a week, then they
          stopped working again! Gee, new flasher, new switch, new
          connectors, new fuse box (this is all going through my head on I-93
          at 5:00 pm Monday). Worked fine all the way to Maine for the auto-x
          & back, and worked fine just before I was waiting to pick up my
          wife at work, where I had the hazard flashers on. Funny, the red
          light beside the flasher switch wasn't working then, but it usually
          does. BUT IT DOSEN'T WORK WHEN THE DIRECTIONALS DIE! AH HA! Put the
          turn signal on, nothing. Start tapping the Hazard switch trying to
          think it out, THEY'RE WORKING! Wiggle the Hazard switch laterally
          & they go on/come off accordingly. Guess I'll get a new Hazard
          switch. Guess that makes me a true SOL!

          Colin Brace WA1KWA

          bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

          74 MGB