Re: clickety-clack

Subject: Re: clickety-clack
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 13:17:18 PDT
Steve, I agree wholeheartedly with Mike Burdick, and I'd just like to
add: DO IT NOW! You don't want to see what happens to various bits
underneath the car when the U-joint finally lets go. At best, you'll
likely experience cosmetic damage to the frame and surrounding sheet
metal and, of course, be trapped by the side of the road, immobile,
waiting for the flatbed, hoping you'd sent the renewal check to AAA....
At worst, the flailing axle will undoubtedly bash heartily on things like
the handbrake cable and guide, etc., etc.

As they say, I've *been there, done that, cleaned up the mess afterwards! :-(

BTW, get the greasable U-joints if you can find them. They'll last a bit
longer because you can replenish the grease.

Andy Mace