Re: painting calipers and drums

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL)
Subject: Re: painting calipers and drums
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 11:53:19 CDT
> Out of curiosity did you polish the calipers as as well?  It's my
> understanding that this isn't a good idea as it decrease the caliper's
> heat dissipating capacity because of the reduced surface area.
>
> I suspect that coating the calipers with a sealer would also reduce heat
> dissipation.  I don't think I've ever seen calipers that had any
> kind of coating put on them at the factory.

I assume this would hold true for drums as well?

Oops.  You see, I painted my rear drums black 'cause it makes the wire
wheels look SOOOOO good.  Somebody please tell me it's not a big deal
heat-wise...
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA