Lime Rock, etc...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lime Rock, etc...
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 1994 13:39:13 -0400 (EDT)
My wife (Diana), daughter (Danielle) and I met fellow SOL Rik Schlierer, his
wife (Vicki) and daugther (Emily) at Lime Rock yesterday for the vintage
races.

[ small world department: the Schlierer' 7 month-old daughter was born exactly
one year after our daughter (almost to the hour!). ]

The day at Lime Rock was delightful. Sunny, but not hot. Nice to see the races
from the outfield. We were at the end of the straight-away. Many, many race
equiped LBC's (and at lease one BBC, a racing Bentley). The tickets gave us
access to the paddock, which afforded me an opportunity to look over the "T"
series MG's. I now have an urge to buy a basket case TD and turn it into a
racer. My wife says no (we'll negotiate). Maybe if I take her to the Skip
Barber School at Lime Rock (Rik is a graduate of the school - he reported it
was fantastic!). Those little XPAG engines really sing a pretty note when a
half dozen come down to the flat out of the (famous) diving turn at 90 mph!

Watch ESPN on Sunday November 27th, 5:00 pm e.s.t. to see this past weekend's
vintage races at Lime Rock. There's much to see -- too much for me to write
about here.

The admission price at Lime Rock is steep, BTW, at $25/head.

                        Best,
                                -Doug

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of my restoration style"

        Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)
        1952 MG TD, Member, New England T Register (#11109) and Berkshire
        County British Motor Car Club / Williams College, Williamstown, MA