Distributor Setting for a 1978 MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor Setting for a 1978 MGB
From: "Donald Williams" <wi0297@[165.95.48.6]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 12:30:51 CST
Greatings all, here is an upbate on my nasty little B.  After pulling the
engine out to replace a worn out clutch, followed by ship-fitters disease,
I was able to get the car up and running for about a week.  Then, it dead
again.  This time I had to remove and rebuild the Zenith-Strongberg
carburator. Now that I've got the carb back in place and the car running,
the rear turn signals, rear side markers and the tag lights don't
work.  Oh, how I love this car of mine.
     But on to the real subject.  Does anyone know the timing setting for a
1978 MGB with a Mallory after-market duel-point distributor?  (standard
setting is 10 degrees from top-dead-center)  Also, what is the point
setting for the Mallory distributor?

Thanks,
Donald C. Williams
Senior in Marine Biology,