M.G. TD - parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: M.G. TD - parts
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 1994 09:08:45 -0400 (EDT)
Can any of the SOL "TD experts" (Blair Engle or Chip Old - are you listening?)
give me an idea of a fair price for an original rear fender (wing) for a '52 or
earlier (square lamp) TD?

I collected a few spare parts for my TD last weekend from my parents home in
N.J., and I was surprised to find an extra right rear fender. It's painted the
original "M.G. red", and is not a repro. It's been on a car, as is evident from
the impressions left by the fender bolts/washers. No dents or filler. There is
a very minor (1" square) spot of surface rust. Otherwise this is a perfect
original fender - in need of a car! I understand the Moss repro fenders are
fabricated from several bits of rolled and welded sheet steel, whereas the
original fenders are one smooth stamped unit. Judging from the age of this
fender, the original paint, and the smooth underside (no seams), it appears to
be original.

I don't know what the fender is worth, but please feel free to pass my name and
home phone number along to anyone who is interested. I'll also post this in
the classified section of TSO. What's a fair price?

    Thanks. -Doug {home phone (413) 458-8418}

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of my restoration style"

        Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)
        1952 MG TD, Member, New England T Register (#11109) and Berkshire
        County British Motor Car Club / Williams College, Williamstown, MA