Stags/ Stuuupids/ Minis/Bodges

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stags/ Stuuupids/ Minis/Bodges
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 11:03:25 -0400 (EDT)
I think maybe the MG fellow looking at the GT6 is thinking of Stags
because when the GT6 and Spit were redone in 74/5 with a flat rear deck
the press were calling them STAGFIRES.
-----------------------
I had the mechanical ability of Daniel Cuncliffe (that sounds aweful but
his SELF confession reminds me of myself at university) and similar to
Marcel Chichak owned a 61 Mini cooper, small engine. BUT, I did not know
that it was special at all. Got it for $75.00 ! Drove it for two years
and  then insisted on selling it for what I paid for it .

$75.00 > AAAAHHHHHHHH that hurts. STUUUUUPID !!!!
--------------------------
My Bodge entry comes from those mini days. It carbs lost oil in the
dampers at a great rate. So, I put hypo needles from the Queens' med lab
in the tops of the carbs, ran tubing to the dash and had a syringe
mounted on the dash filled with a suitable oil.

When preformance suffered you just pushed the plunger !
Sold it like that.
------------------------------

As an aside the car was twice carried  in to the womens' residence,
filled with leaves once, and hidden between buildings countless times.
Once, when it was in the Vic Hall entrance I  was stopped by security and
told that I could not come in without a lady. So, we went home, dressed
up in "drag" and went back.

We got  caught starting the car, (I had a beard for god's sake!) and
were taken to see some official in an office , still dressed as women.
(we were, not the official)

When we walked into his office he made it half way into the "serious
offence" speech and just broke down laughing.

Three guards and I carried the car out to the street.

I still want that car back. It even had a Paddy Hopkirk wheel.

 Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
'75 Spitfire 1500            '64 Healey 3000 Mk. III
                   '59 TR3A
With your Chrome heart shining in the sun,
long may you run. - Neil Young