I Am, Therefore I Boge

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: I Am, Therefore I Boge
From: carguy <drr@infinet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 09:47:43 -0400 (EDT)
WE BE BOGE. BOGE ARE US. TO B(mg) IS TO BOGE
I know a REAL boge is to make an emergancy repair in a highly unusual but
creative manner but here is my confession: (forgive me Father, for I have
re-engineered)
Being a MGB E-Prod racer for 10 years, (built 3, broke 2), of course I
boged, but on each at least the crank, block, head and firewall were more or
less original, the rest was, well, re-engineered so to speak.  Well
needless to say some of this re-engineering was carried over onto the
collection of street Bees, my favorite being the rear disk brakes on a
GT. Now out there somewhere someone has this car (sold it years ago) and
probably has trouble with the parts guy when he orders rear brake pads
for his 72 BGT.  My other favorite was the 67 BGT that started out as the
first E-Prod car, got rolled over at Nelson Ledges at turn one, 4 times
straight down the pavement to turn 2; brought it home and in a fit of
silliness one day turned it into a "El Camino" style pickup truck, or
what I like to call a Targa (threw the rear lid away, cut half the roof
off- I hava picture of it somewhere).  Drove that car for 8 years, hauled
many a large object in the back of it too. Another bee has a coiled piece
of tubing from a hole drilled into the oil galley going up to the head to
oil the rocker arm (yes, I checked all the holes, yes, the correct rocker
tower with the hole is in the right place, yes, the cam bearing had the
hole in the right place, but it still wouldn't oil the rocker) There are
many others- the truck fuel pump on the TD, the all-thread rear U-bolts
on the TD (didn't work) and so on. I am now  re-eng. a TR6 for E-Prod,
with a torch in one hand and a Stock Car Products Catalog in the other.

R..'20Model-T....'51MGTD....'68TR250....'71TR6..F  i'll never grow up,
A biker                            SCCA NatComp I   never grow up,
Car guy     doug <drr@infinet.com>     gearhead X    and you can't
Eligible         nemgtr# 1584      SCCA Steward E     make me,
R..'72MGB..'84-300ZX..'85K100RS..'90-740GLE16V..R    pfhhhgttt!