Adjusting Smith tach.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjusting Smith tach.
From: rfl@yerkes.uchicago.edu (Bob Loewenstein)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 09:28:18 CDT
John Trindle asks about adjusting his tach in his MGB. My 65 B
has a Smiths Electric tach. There is a small hole in back that
allows access to a small screw. This screw will adjust the
calibration of the tack...probably a potentiometer. My tach is
now temperature sensitive...on hot days, it reads higher rmp than
on cold days. Anyway, just get a small screwdriver and adjust to
whichever way you need. From your description, you might have
a lose contact somewhere also.

I use a scope to measure the firing rate to establish the calibration.