Parts, Magazines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk
Subject: Parts, Magazines
From: blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Steve Goodall)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 94 12:08 BST-1
Thanks to everyone who has so far expressed interest in my offer to
mail out "Practical Classics" magazine.  I've tagged a copy of the
orignal text to the end of this E for any of you that may have missed
it.

I've since been told that the magazine is available on order from
the Barnes & Nobles bookstore chain: my thanks to
timd@hitu.enet.dec.com  (Tim Dziechowski).  If you can't find a copy
my offer still stands.  Because of the price difference I can mail it
out to you by surface for the same price in UKP as the dollar cover
price.  $5.50 @ 1.52 (my banks "buy" quote on Friday) to the pound
gives UKP 3.60; it's no trouble - I can let my daughters do the work
to earn their pocket money and learn some geography!

There is also a similar magazine at the same price. "Popular
Classics" is rather more glossy and upmarket.  It dosen't deal with
the practicalities of restoration but looks at a range of
(brilliantly) restored vehicles with a lot of pix and the stories
behind them.  This month's issue is leading on the Healey 100/4 and
the XJ6 series 1.

Previous Text:

".... over here we have a monthly magazine called
Practical Classics which is devoted to the restoration of British and
classic foreign cars. (But mainly British, post-war.)

This month's issue has just come out with a 44-page market directory
for parts and services.  These are UK companies but the majority of
them will happily deal with you.  You should be able to get this
because it has a dollar price marked up at $5.50.  If you can't, E me
and I can arrange to mail a copy over to you."

Bye from Steve!