Bye-byr Midget, hello GT-6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bye-byr Midget, hello GT-6
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 07:23:57 -0500
Cash flow problems forced me to sell the Midget this weekend...boy, she was
a mint too....got $3500 for her, and she's staying in town, so at least
I still get to see her (and probably work on it too...the guy who bought
it was full of enthusiasm, but lacked lbc skills).

w/ my new source of liquidity, I immediately went out and made an offer on
a tasty little GT6 I've nbeen eyeing for the past two weeks. Always fancied
either a GT or TR6. Anyway. I got a 1970 GT6+ for $775 w/ a 1973 motor w/
unknown miles.

Good things:
Compression good, oil pressure v. good
good body...bondo work prevelent, but not bad...in primer needs paint
frame rust/crack free
those nice slotted aluminum wheels come with

Bad things:
Clutch rusted to flywheel....tryed all the usual pop the clutch methods...
I'll take the tranny of tonight and free it
carbs need a rebuild

Hey for under $800 I can't complain. There are no weird whines or clunks,
but I imagine it's got over 100k on it.

Marcus