Rover 3500, Toronto British Car Day

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL as always)
Subject: Rover 3500, Toronto British Car Day
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 11:11:22 -0400
I couldn't believe the number of wedges at British Car Day yesterday - a
couple of dozen. There were mostly TR8s, several TR7 dropheads and maybe
three TR7 coupes. And we got to follow a RHD MG J2 on the highway on the
way home. Anyway, enough about me.

Or maybe not. As Chris Ball already heard, we saw a real nice '80 Rover
3500 for sale. Since we just haven't had enough of British Leyland yet,
we have the crazy idea of giving it some consideration. Anybody have any
info on the Rover 3500? About Rover's line in general about that time?
I'm looking for the usual stuff, common problems, parts availability, any
comments at all on what to look for and what to expect. I appreciate any
tidbits I can get, including pointers to computer files, magazine articles,
club newsletters, etc. Can't buy without knowing what you're getting! If
you have one and wouldn't mind fielding some questions, please drop me a
note. This is a long shot but....

Ask Chris about the back-up lights on his TR3.

Nice MGA, George!

Jody

jleivne@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '80, 2 litre, 2 seater, BL product