Midget Things, and The Demoted BMW.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Things, and The Demoted BMW.
From: Michael T Chaffee <mchaffee@dcl-nxt42.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 00:54:24 -0500 (CDT)
This was an educational weekend for me; thanks to a two-day autocross, I
was able to determine that in friendly competition an MG Midget is
infinitely more satisfying than a BMW 2002tii.  Shame on me for saying
this, but the smallest, lightest BMW made in the last 20 years is too big
and heavy for me.  But that's not important right now.  What is, is I have
absolutely no desire (NONE!) to ever have to deal with dual SU carbs ever
again so long as I may live.  The infernal things and I are at odds.
So.....  Does anyone out there have a Weber downdraft with manifold for a
1275 that they would like to unload?  Anyone have a single big SU with
manifold for 1275 that they don't want?  Anyone have an EFI system for an
A-motor?  Any of the above, priced reasonably, would be most appreciated.
Otherwise, any suggestions for the cheapest place to buy some such setup
new would be similarly wonderful.

Thanks in advance,

Michael T. Chaffee
mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu