Re: speedo is out...mph to

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speedo is out...mph to
From: "Rich Hill" <hill@uu1047.optivision.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 14:13:30 -0800
        Reply to:   RE>>speedo is out...mph to r
>On Tue, 27 Sep 1994, Greg Meboe wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Sep 1994, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>>
>> >    In a non-O/D GT6, you can double the number on the tach and get
>> >    approximate mph.
>> >
>> > This is true of every Triumph that I've driven (as long as it has the
>> > original ratio and tire diameter). That is - in top (overdrive top for
>> > cars that came with overdrive) the car takes about 1000 rpm/20mph, and
>> > the gauges are usually arranged so that the needles are parallel.
>>
>> Hmmm...
>>      This must be another one of those constants of nature.  I'm sure
>> of it.
>>              Greg Meboe
>>

>I hope overdrive was an inexpensive option on these cars.

This is pretty close for my Midget as well (although some would argue that's
because
late model Midgets are partly Triumph).  O/D wasn't even an option on these
things - what's the problem?  I agree >4000 rpm at
70 mph is a little buzzy but at least the revs are up if you need to pass
someone on the freeway :)

Rich Hill
hill@ece.ucdavis.edu