Re: Midget questions

To: Andrew Dooley <adooley@umr.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget questions
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 08:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
Andrew,
Congratulations to your new Midget! It sure is a cute car.

I agree totally with Al's good ideas with the option of the new shell.

But I'd like to add that if you aren't all thumbs you could also
consider the possibility of renting a MIG welder (electric + inert gas)
and get yourself some 0.8 to 1.0 mm thick metal sheets and do it
yourself. If you can get a disc grinder and such a MIG welder it is no
problem at all to replace the PO's realtor's signs. I thought it was fun
after all to being able to weld in some real inexpensive metal sheets
with a much higher quality steel than the imported-from-somewhere poorly
shaped replacements.

At least I am glad that you are considering the possibility that there's
more than only Vickie Brit or Moss Motors to get parts from.
Drop me a line if you need some other sources.

Have fun with your new Midget,

        Agustin