Re: Regarding the TD, vol. II

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Regarding the TD, vol. II
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 09:00:56 -0800

>> Stan F. wonders if the clutch linkage on the TD is mechanical (cable or rod)
>> or hydraulic.  (Stan: I tried posting to you directly yesterday but things
>> weren't up and running at the time.  I didn't mean to ignore your message).
>> I (naively) assumed it was hydraulic but I don't know for sure.  Chip?  Can
>> you inform us?
>>

>Hmmm.  Stan, did you really ask this question?  You still have your
>TD, right?  The linkage on the TD I had was certainly mechanical.
>I had the "pleasure" of repairing it once.  Did some TDs have
>hydraulic linkage?
>
>Roland

What I wondered was that the clutch in the previously mentioned 1950 TD was
alleged to be hydraulic, as I know that all T series MGs came from the
factory with mechanical linkages.  Mine (an early '51) was originally a
cable linkage, but the PO replaced it with the rod type.  I think I'm happy
about that; I never liked those cables.  sf

Stan Fickes                    British Cars
Wireless Communication Tech.   1951 MGTD (under restoration)
Advanced Technology Group      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite (daily driver)
Apple Computer, Inc.
408 974-7653