Re: head pulling

To: "Vaughan K. Scott" <scottv@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: head pulling
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 14:52:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Nov 1994, Vaughan K. Scott wrote:

> Well, I got the head off the TR7 last night, and found that, as suspected,
> I have to replace the valves in cylinders 1 and 4.  waaaa.
>       However, given how long it took me to do it, and watching other...
<snip..snip>

Vaughan,
This morning I read the adventures of an Australian SOLer at the races.
It took them not even a day (rather hours?) to pull the head, change the
valve and (not quite machine it but) work on the valve seat and get it
going again - if I remember correctly. I was quite impressed. I know it
shouldn't take much longer, but why does it actually take usually so
long?
Maybe you have in your TR7 a different setup, i.e. maybe an OHC ?
At least this should remind us that after all it shouldn't be a big deal.

Cheers,
        Gus