Re: Think your parts bill is high?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Think your parts bill is high?
From: Dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 08:40:35 EST
>But one item caught my eye--it costs over $900 to replace a starter on a
>Ford Probe.
I am contemplating this issue myself.  No, not a Probe, but a Merkur
Scorpio.  Just got the estimate for a new heater/AC blower motor.  $750!!!!
The entire dash must be pulled, and the system is so integrated that the AC
must be evacuated and refilled.

>A remanufactured starter for my bugeye is about $55, and I
>probably could replace it between the end of dinner and the beginning of
I just had the alternator for my MGC/GT rebuilt and that totaled $60 + tax.
I could do a lot of MG work for that $750.  Guess we may get a little cold
in the Scorp this winter....  And it took all of 15 minutes to pull the
alternator out and replace it.

>Roseanne (dirty secret; I watch Roseanne).
Uh, no comment :-)

>I may sell the 94 Accord before it needs a starter and buy something sensible.
Wish selling the Scorp was an honest option, but She Who Must Be Obeyed says
otherwise.
Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581