New engine mounts from TRF breaking

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New engine mounts from TRF breaking
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 10:52:18 -0700 (MST)
I have some new engine mounts from TRF on my Vitesse, and they're
cheerfully breaking as the car sits there awaiting completion
of the restoration.   They're already split to the point of being
unsafe.  I don't know if TRF warrants their mounts, and they're
about 7-8 months old so I doubt if any warranty would apply anyway.

The thing is, these mounts have only been _used_ for about four
months, and then only on a non-running car!  I've driven the
car a total of 5 blocks since I put these mounts on.  Anybody
else had any trouble with GT6/TR6 mounts from TRF?

- Dan Parslow
'65 Vitesse '79 Spitfire '88 Accord '81 Datsun '86 Peugeot (12 speed)