Live and Learn

To: car net <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Live and Learn
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:04:34 -0500 (EST)
Well well. This resistor stuff is quite something. I had enough
trouble figuring out that the Spitfire had a resistor WIRE
hiddne away in the running circuit.
I must admit that, being a bear of very little brain, I had
always thought that the resistor was simply a "points saving"
measure.

For those of you who live on my level and like things like
"THE RULE OF NINE" I offer this little spark rule, given to
me at the road side by my Dad one day:

Hold the spark plug a short distance from ground (with rubber
handled plier or such) and look at the colour of the spark jumping.

Now:
1. White is Right
2. Blue will do
3. Red you're dead

Neat eh? the prerunner to colour tune.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt