Saab turbo and 007

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Saab turbo and 007
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 14:03:48 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 26 Jan 1995, Berry Kercheval wrote:

> Now Saab Turbos were very nice cars, but the Bond *I* know would never
> *own* one!
>
>   --berry

A friend (from England, in fact) drives a Saab Turbo 3 dr.  He likes it
because he can carry a dozen bags of bark mulch home at 90 mph.  As 007
matures, such considerations probably have become more important.  I can
just see the technical boffin (forgot his name, sorry) instructing Bond on
the latest survival gear:  "Now, 007, these appear to be ordinary bags of
bark mulch, until you press right here..."

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910