Another Rubber Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Rubber Question
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:30:21 -0700 (PDT)
Because Polyurethane is on the expensive side, last night I removed the
old rubber seal (barrier is perhaps a better description) from
one of the engine compartment side panel so I could measure it more
accurately.  Unfortunately it looks like my original estimate was about
right and a 2' x 2' sheet of rubber will be required to make
replacements for both sides.

While I was taking things apart I was reminded that I need other type of
rubber before I can re-install the panels.  Specifically I need foam
rubber weather stripping about 1/2" square with a slit on one side
that will fit over a sheet metal edge.  I've looked at a couple of
on-line catalogs and either this stuff is called something else, isn't
stocked by these two companies (Steele Rubber & McMasters) or I have to
buy the strip unslitted and put the slit in myself.

So, does this stuff have some other name, by any chance?  If not, is
there a source for it?

Again thanks,

Roland