Re: Engine Paints: What works?

To: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Paints: What works?
From: "John D'Agostino" <jdagostino@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:22:48 -0400
Hi Glen
I don't think Rustoleum would hold up very well, it would stay on ok, but
would probably dull back pretty quick. I used to paint the inside of engine
blocks with Rustoleum "damp proof red primer" which was a fish oil based
paint, so it should take the heat.
Bill Hirsh has a pretty extensive line of aircraft engine enamels. I used MG
Maroon on my Daimler motor, and it held up very well,  never losing it's
shine. You can buy quarts, so it can be brushed on also. For primer I just
use PPG black zinc chromate primer.
My two cents...

Happy motoring,
John