45 Deg To AN Brake Adaptor?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 45 Deg To AN Brake Adaptor?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the Classic Tube stainless steel brake line kit I ordered for my
Cobra arrive by Parcel Post yesterday.  The lines look really nice and
all the bends appear to be correct, or at least close enough to make the
fit fairly hassle free- except for one problem.  The lines that end at
the caliper flex hoses have standard 45 degree flares/fittings.  I
specifically requested -3 AN 37 1/2 degree flares/fittings.  However,
before I call Classic Tube and complain, I thought I'd asked the list if
I might have some other options.  I wouldn't mind using the standard
fittings if some sort of simple adaptors is available, since this would
make the lines look more original.

Here's the deal.  About ten years ago I switched to Earl's Teflon/SS braid
flexible lines.  This made a tremendous difference in brake pedal firmness
so I have no desire to switched back to the old rubber lines.  Besides,
the Earl's lines are MUCH cheaper.  To use these lines I had to do
following:

  1.  Have some new solid lines made up with AN female flares/fittings at
      the flex hose ends.

  2.  Install fittings similar to the one shown below, but with AN male
      flares at both ends.

  3.  Add adaptor fittings to the caliper ends of the Earl's flex lines to
      interface them to the calipers banjo fittings.  These ends don't
      have flares.

These fittings were an integral part of the original Girling rubber lines,
but with 45 degree rather than AN flares.

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1.  Is there and adaptor fitting like the one shown below available- that
    is, with a 45 degree male flare on one end and an AN 37 1/2 degree
    male flare on the other end?  This is my preferred option.

2.  Is there a SHORT adaptor with a 45 degree male flare on one end and an
    AN female flare/fitting on the other?

3.  Or some other option that would work?

        _____
       /     \<---standard 3/16" 45 deg flare; this end long enough
      <------->   to accept jam nut for mounting
      <------->
      <------->
      <------->