Steering box, I'm afraid....PART TWO

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering box, I'm afraid....PART TWO
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:01:54 +0100
Guys,

Well, as usual, your response(s) have been overwhelming.  And most of you
have said the same thing: that is, I seem to be missing something along the
line here, and that the steering box is more than likely NOT the problem.
So, I've thought about this.  I'm going to go back through the front end,
look at everything I've done to the car, check for anything loose and see
if I don't find something. One thing is;  I didn't replace the wheel
bearings-just repacked them. But they SEEM tight, suppose this could be it?
I've had the wheels/tires balanced, checked for runout TWICE. so I'm
confident they aren't the problem...

I just feel like I'm SO  damned close... be a shame to just wuss out now
wouldn't it?

If any of you have any OTHER bright ideas I could look into-I'd certainly
appreciate the additional input...again, the whole front-end, excluding
steering box and front wheel bearings, has been replaced or rebuilt.  We
used stock stuff from Moss mostly.

Again, the car's owner and I thank you in advance...and I personally
appreciate all the help I've realized from this list - great resource...

Cheers
Thom Kuby
Porsche freak, with a TR3 in his garage...still