[no subject]

To: <cobmeister@zianet.com>
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:30:57 +0100
Incidentally, that naming the cottage business almost drives me nuts when I
am in Blighty trying to find someone's house... Seems nobody but the owner
actually calls the place that! Personally, I think it is another clever
British device for confusing potential invaders...

Of course it is! Got to find different ways to keep the rest of the world
guessing. But
how about Japan? I'm reliably informed by a long-term expat that Japanese house
numbering
follows the pattern that houses are numbered in the sequence that they were
built.

Jonmac