Alternators

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternators
From: "Peter Thompson" <peter@pft.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:24:26 +0100
I'm replacing a dynamo set up with an alternator. The engine is Triumph 2000
(circa 1974) and the (Lucas) alternatot has two large push-on terminals
(spades) which appear to be connected together, plus a smaller spade
terminal. I believe the two large terminals should be connected (either one
or both) into the +ve side of the battery, while the small terminal should
connect via a charge warning light on the dashboard, to earth. Is this
correct? Can anyone confirm? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Peter thompson