Re: Bullitty

To: cobmeister@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Bullitty
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:07:08 -0800 (PST)
What, you mean McQeen didn't do his own driving in Le Mans either?

One minor correction regarding the GT350.  The "real" GT350s ('65 & '66)
had HiPo 289s- same motor as my Cobra.  Of course GT350s were still
being manufactured in '68 when Bullitt was filmed, but the only
connection to Carroll Shelby by then was the name.  But the 390 was
was light weight and very hot.  Probably a good choice for the this
flick.

Roland