BJ8 carbs choke details

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8 carbs choke details
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:06:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
My BJ8 is finally coming back from a 15 year slumber.
Yesterday I installed the carburetors that I had sent
out to be rebuilt and everything went fine until it
came time to hook up the choke cables. These cables
had not been connected to the carbs when I bought the
car but now that I am trying to put everything the way
it should be I want to know exactly how everything is
connected. The problem is I can't find any pictures or
drawings of how it is done. The cable to the front
carb has a bracket but I can't tell where or what the
bracket bolts up to.
The other problem is that the engine will not run
unless the chokes are pulled ( by hand right now) and
I need to have it running on it's own so I can adjust
and balance the carbs.
I would appreciate any pictures or drawings on how to
connect the choke cables to the carburetors.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jorge
bj8
http://auctions.yahoo.com/