Question for "old" listers: Brake-area/vehicle-weight chart?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Question for "old" listers: Brake-area/vehicle-weight chart?
From: Kevin Burtch <kburtch@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
I used to be on this list (nearly a decade ago, when the
flying-wedges list was new), and there was a posting that
was extremely interesting.

What I'm looking for, is the old posting that someone put
an incredible amount of work into. It compared many
different vehicles' brakes based on pad-area/vehicle-weight.
Some of the results were quite predictable... Volvos and
Porsches were at the good end of the list, with the TR7 near
the other end (predictably).
(hey, I can make fun of 'em... I'm on my 3rd wedge now :)

Does anyone have postings going back to the early-mid '90s?
(or a saved copy of this article/chart?)

I've tried the listquest search engine... no luck at all.
I've tried google and teoma... same.
I even tried dejanews/google-groups. :(

My last resort is to bug the nice people on this list. :)

Does anyone even remember this list?
The only other list of it's magnatude I've seen is the
engine weight list. (anyone got a recent copy of it?)

Thank you very much,
Kevin Burtch - 1980 TR8 DHC EFI - www.geocities.com/efitr8/