W/S rubber seal LONG

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: W/S rubber seal LONG
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:53:01 -0500
O/K listers I have a friend that installs glass, called him this a/m and
took my W/S and seal down to his house, he sprayed the seal with 1001
silicone spray and the W/S frame channel as well, let them sit for a few
minutes, with the outside of the windshield facing down on his work bench he
layed the seal across the the w/s frame, ==starting== in the very center he
positioned the underside of the seal (6 o'clock) right into the channel and
then with a plastic stick (pointed on 1 end and flat on the other) using the
flat end and holding his fingers on the under side he just slid the stick
straight across the outter edge that goes into the channel, repeated the
same thing on the other 1/2 half of the frame and the total job was
completed in less than 3 minutes. Charged me $1.00 for labor & $19.00 for
knowing how. So easy when you do it everyday.  "FT"