Lagonda engine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lagonda engine
From: John McEwen <mmcewen@ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:26:11 -0700
Hello everyone:

Our list is very quiet again so I thought I would ask my question and stir
the pot a bit.

Does anyone have a lead to a usable (and affordable) Lagonda 2.9 Litre
engine and transmission from the 1953 - 1957 period?  This is the same
setup used in Aston Martin DB2, DB2/4 and DB3S.  Yes, I know that they are
hard to find and not cheap, but I keep hoping.

Any leads or suggestions gratefully received.  Yes I have tried the AM club
and could put a different engine in it.  To that I have obtained a
different engine and transmission (Jaguar) which will fit the car and
resemble the original but if an original is available I'd like to have it.

Thanks,

John McEwen
1957 Lagonda 3 Litre Mark 2  (actually a 0 Litre at the moment)