Re: stains

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: stains
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:46:19 -0800 (PST)
Usually once you try "washing" a stain out with any kind of standard
laundry detergent, the stain is fixed and it's pretty much over with.
Still, it always worth a try.

Here's what has worked for me.  Soak the stain area with a petroleum
base hand cleaner.  You can get this stuff at most any auto parts
stores- Mechanics, Sta-Lube, etc.

In the old days, that's all I ever used, but my son discovered that by
squirting Zout on the stain, along with the hand cleaner, worked even
better.  Zout is an enzyme based pre-soak stain remover available in the
soap and detergent section of grocery stores.  It's meant mostly for
food stains like wine/grape, tomato based sauces, etc.  It works really
well for that purpose too, BTW.  There are other brands that also work
quite will.

Anyway let this concoction soak in for several hours, then wash in
regular laundry detergent.

Roland