Another Introduction

To: "'British Club Newsletters'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Introduction
From: "John Freeston" <john@freeston.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:48:52 -0400
Hello,
My name is John Freeston, and I have the pleasure of serving currently
as the American Secretary of the London Vintage Taxi Association.  My
home is in southern New Hampshire, and our members are scattered across
the US and Canada (and, of course, the UK , the Netherlands, and Europe
at large.)  The US section has about 120 members at present and the
London "Mother Club" has perhaps 150.  We have a monthly (actually 10
issues per year) London newsletter, which I supplement with American
Section Notes.    I hope to be a regular reader and contributor to this
listserve, and know already that I will learn from the group knowledge
and experience I see here.
Without getting much into issues at this point, I'd like to throw my two
cents in about the significance of a club publication itself.  Since we
are a highly specialized group, we have a very low member/potential
member/vehicle density in the US. Accordingly, arranging for people and
cars to get together for regular events, meetings, meets, etc is very
difficult, and such attempts have not met with much success in years
past.  ( I am relatively new at this post, just breaking into my second
year)  The Newsletter and periodic distribution of our member list to
members, to facilitate a few one-on-one meetings with "neighbors", are
the primary, nearly sole, membership benefits.

The Club has a website located at     www.osfn.org/britishcabs/
It goes without saying (yeah, I know, so why am I typing it?)  I invite
anyone who has or who likes old London Cabs to check us out,
communicate, join, etc.

Regards,
John

John C. Freeston