Morgan or Standard tuning data

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan or Standard tuning data
From: marcel chichak <chichm@telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:20:22 -0600
OK guys, I need your help. I'm doing a distributor for a lister who needs
it working and in the car by the weekend. Problem is I don't have the data
to make sure it's right. Can somebody with really good reference material
look up the mechanical advance data for:

1951-54 Morgan +4,
1950-53 Standard Vanguard,
1950-53 Triumph Renown,
late 1949 Triumph 2000 Saloon and Roadster

They all use the same, er, 'tractor' engine with Lucas distributor type
DVX4A, service number 40201. I had it on the distributor machine tonight
and it looks like it advances way too quickly at the bottom end, 12 degrees
mechanical (24 crank) at 1000 RPM! Everything looks OK, but the primary
spring has two holes it can hook into, so I need to know if the old thing
is supposed to be doing what it is, or not.

Thanks!

--Marcel Chichak    chichm@telusplanet.net
        Edmonton Alberta Canada, eh?
  Peek into my world: www.telusplanet.net/~chichm