Re: MG Midget

To: "Mark Budman" <budman@generation.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Midget
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 12:29:19 -0500
From: "Mark Budman" <budman@generation.net>

>     I own a 1972 MG Midget. It has crane ignition and the dual HSU
> carburetors.

It also has those nifty round wheel arches.  Cool!

> There are no oil spots on the ground

Now, I am beginning to suspect that this is email is a fraud.

Seriously, I am sorry I subscribe to the Dick O'Kane theory that
"carburetor" is a French word meaning "leave the damned things alone".  I'm
sure you will find folks on this list who have the knowledge that I lack in
this area.

I used to have a Midget that I enjoyed very much.  It came to a sudden
violent end after I sold it.  I do have some accumulated knowledge of the
cars in other areas, so I may be able to help you with something else some
day.

Enjoy your little car!  Spridgets are the most fun-per dollar I can imagine.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com