Autumn night drive.

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autumn night drive.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 00:08:33 -0500
The weather hereabouts is supposed to turn cold and nasty tomorrow, with the
possibility of snow in the air.  The Minnesota Triumphs are having a color
tour from Hudson to Siren in Wisconsin.  The Lotus Owners Of the North are
having a tour around Lake Minnetonka, followed by indoor kart racing and
party.  Sue and I are going to bail on both of them.  We are going to be
weather wimps. That, and we have the grandkids coming over at 3.

The weather tonight was absolutely fabulous, however.  We took a Topless
Triumph Tour of the Town.  Over the High Bridge, Kellogg up to John Ireland,
turn right and enjoy the approach to the lighted Capitol. Cross in front,
then U-turn and cross back. Left again on John Ireland and enjoy the
approach to the lighted Cathedral. Follow John Ireland around to pick up
Summit Avenue, cruising past the mansions written about by F. Scott
Fitzgerald.  Take it all the way out to Mississippi River Boulevard and turn
south.  Cruise MRB until it turns to Shepard Road and take it up through the
gears. The Wild NHL game may be letting out by now, so cross the river on
35E and get off for Highway 13.  On the left turn to 13, kick out the tail
on the same sand that I drove sideways though last night in the Lotus on the
way to the Triumph-club meeting (I figured they had all seen the TR4).  Sue
chooses the high road instead of the low road, so stay on 13 until the
highway turns at the city limits and re-enter Saint Paul by going straight
into Cherokee Park. Stay left after the park and glimpse the Capitol through
the trees on the top of the bluff.  Tuck and weave by Metric Auto Works,
pick up George Street and cruise home.

Damn, I love this city, this woman and this old sports car.

I'll be at the Sunday autocross at Midway stadium come whatever weather.
TR44SUE will be resting and hoping for indian summer.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com