Earlier brake question for my Bugeye

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Earlier brake question for my Bugeye
From: Craig Reese <creese@spillman.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:41:45 -0600
Well, thanks for the advice on this, it appears to have been the amount of
piston travel back to the end plate of the MC. I worked the brakes while
another person adjusted the push rod and we readily found the point where the
pressure would not stay built up. We had to back up the pedal stop and the push
rod quite a bit and then gradually adjust the push rod forward until we found
the point where the pressure would build, and then adjusted it slightly back
from there. Pedal travel for the brake seems to be okay, I didn't get a chance
to really drive it last night to tell for sure though. I understand what Barney
Gaylord said about the smaller displacement value, but where does the increased
pedal travel come from, the depth the push rod is allowed to enter the piston?