Re: Borg Warner DG250

To: bruce molin <brucemolin@yahoo.com.au>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Borg Warner DG250
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:50:07 -0300
Hi Bruce,

I wonder if that is the same unit that M-B used in the 1960's?

I have a 1968 280 SE that has been in the family since new with a Borg
Warner and it is still running well. The only problem I ever had was a
seized mechanical linkage for the kick-down feature outside the unit. Freed
it up and never had a problem since. They are inclined to be harsh shifting
and basically it operates like a manual transmission with an automatic
shift, four speed.

Regards,
Bob

At 08:39 PM 8/16/2003 +1000, bruce molin wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>I'm hoping to get information, pro and con, about the Borg Warner DG250
>automatic transmission ... I'm looking at a Humber Super Snipe Series III with
>the said unit.
>
>Any help about what to look for in regards this unit would be appreciated, as
>well as any of your experiences with it in any of the vehicles to which it was
>fitted, especially in relating to repairs, servicing and parts availability.
>
>regards,
>bruce
>
>http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
>- Looking for more? Try the new Yahoo! Search

>///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
>///  or try  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
>///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
>///  Send list postings to british-cars@autox.team.net

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net